You have reached the website of New Life Pentecostal Church of Edmonton. It is in the midst of redesign, so please check back again soon as we include more information and enhancements.
Sunday Worship 10:30 am
Streaming live from our YouTube channel.
We are currently meeting at the St. Albert Inn. In-person attendance is limited to comply with gathering restrictions for places of worship. Please email email@example.com to inquire further.
Wednesday Bible Study 7:00 pm
Bible study takes place through scheduled Zoom meetings.
Starting in 2021 Bible studies will also be lived streamed to our YouTube channel.
Edward (Ted) McGreer is the pastor of New Life Pentecostal Church. He established the church in 2001 and has been the pastor ever since. Until December 2020, he was bi-vocational, working for federal and provincial governments in various roles as an economist and senior manager. He has a M.A. in Economics, a B.Sc. in Mathematics – both from the University of Alberta – and a Diploma of Christian Studies from Taylor Seminary in Edmonton. He is married to Marilyn with three adult children and one grandson.
Marilyn McGreer is a vital partner in the church leadership, leading the prayer group, women’s ministries and Sunday School. Her childhood was spent in Birmingham, England where her parents helped to establish a church that became the headquarters of an apostolic church organization. With experience in nursing and teaching, she provides coaching to internationally educated nurses. She holds a B.Sc. in Human Ecology and a Practical Nursing Diploma.
The leadership team includes Isaac and Julie McGuire who lead youth ministries and song services. Rowel and Christy Mercado lead Philippine evangelism and outreach. Janet Neil is our Music Director.
A growing church where lives are transformed by the power of the Spirit and the ministry of the Word.
- Preach the gospel to all people by all means.
- Exalt the Lord through worship.
- Encourage members and guests through fellowship.
- Edify the body through Biblical teaching.
What We Believe
- The Bible is the inerrant Word of God.
- There is one God; Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh (Deu. 6:4; 2 Tim. 3:16).
- Jesus death on the cross purchased our redemption and we are saved by grace through faith in Him (Eph. 2:8,9).
- Faith manifests itself in obedience to the gospel.
- Obedience to the gospel includes repentance, baptism by immersion in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking with other tongues (Acts 2:38; 10:44-48).