New Life Pentecostal Church started in 2001 with four families desiring to plant a new work in Edmonton. Services were originally held at Kirk United Church until gathering restrictions limited the use of the building. Recently the assembly secured a rental agreement with Mount Zion Lutheran Church. The church has seen gradual growth in membership over the years as well as the establishment of a Filipino daughter work in East Central Edmonton.
Pastor Ted has over twenty-five years experience in ministry as a pastor and teacher as well as senior management experience in the public sector. He holds a B.Sc. and M.A. from the University of Alberta and a post-graduate diploma from Taylor Seminary. He is currently working toward a Masters in Theological Studies through Tyndale Seminary.
To preach the gospel, worship God in community, and help others fulfill their calling.
A growing church where lives are transformed by the power of the Spirit and the ministry of the Word.
- Speaking the truth in love.
- Respecting all people.
- Desiring relationship with God.
What We Believe
- The Bible is the inerrant Word of God.
- There is one God; Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh (Deu. 6:4; 2 Tim. 3:16).
- Jesus death on the cross purchased our redemption and we are saved by grace through faith in Him (Eph. 2:8,9).
- Faith manifests itself in obedience to the gospel.
- Obedience to the gospel includes repentance, baptism by immersion in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking with other tongues (Acts 2:38; 10:44-48).